Wow, I can't believe that it has been almost an entire month since I last updated. I guess I have a lot that I need to catch up on, but since its late, I'll start with Three Things Thursday- the three most recent cakes I've made.
1. This wedding cake I made about a month ago. Nothing special, just the same fondant, ribbon and flowers. But it was fun to make anyways.
2. I made these cupcakes and cake this past weekend. Half of the cupcakes were lemon and the other half were chocolate, both with cream cheese frosting. The cake was chocolate with chocolate ganache and chocolate fondant (holy chocolate!)
Isn't the cupcake tower AMAZING?! Ben and his dad made it for me! I had been searching forever to find a nice one and the cheapest that I could find was over $200 and I didn't really even like it. So Ben made me this gorgeous tower that I am in love with, and it can be changed to any size. Amazing, hey? So hopefully I'll get a lot more cupcake orders!
3. This was mom's birthday cake. I had planned it to be a lot different from what it turned out to be, but after half of the cake collapsed on me and I had to carve another circle, this turned out better than I expected it would. It was chocolate cake filled with fresh strawberries and chocolate ganache and topped with chocolate covered strawberries.
Doesn't mom look beautiful?! I hope that I can look half that good when I am her age!
2 comments:
Jana you are so talented. Your cakes just get more and more beautiful. And they look so delicious. I'm glad your taking pictures of them all. You need to make a portfolio/memory book of all your cakes. I wish I could be there with you on your birthday. I miss you so much. I will call you tomorrow. You're the best. Give my love to all the fam.
Those cakes are absolutely amazing. And I am lucky because I got to see two of them in person and EAT one of them! You really do have a gift. Thank you for my beautiful cake and lovely gift. You sure treat me well.
Post a Comment