September 23, 2010

Big Hill Springs

I just have to say how much I LOVE my new calling. Being the Activity Day leader is the funnest calling in the whole church! The girls are SO motivated and excited to be at the activities! Such a change from enrichment! Last night we went on a beautiful hike to Big Hill Springs (15 mins from Airdrie- the most beautiful provincial park!) I had been really nervous about this activity because I didn't know how the weather would be, but it was beautiful. The girls had a great time. It's a really easy hike, with lots of waterfalls, a stream to play in and rocks to climb on.
We saw a HUGE owl- Grandpa Parsons would have been jealous! Anyways, I can't believe that I have never been to, or heard of Big Hill Springs because it was beautiful. Definitely my next location for family pictures!



I started a little program for the girls to memorize their Articles of Faith- and they must be liking it because some of them have been getting together after school to memorize! (Oh to be young!) Anyways, I'm excited about my calling as I'm sure you can tell. And with only one girl offended so far, I think I'm off to a pretty good start... ;) (1 out of 14 isn't bad, right? Just kidding, I'm smoothing it over)

2 comments:

Rie's Corner said...

You are doing a SUPER job on your calling. And I think one out of fourteen is a great percentage! Don't worry--she'll be fine. Thanks for telling us about the hike--we enjoyed it yesterday. It was absolutely beautiful with all the colored leaves.

Lara G said...

Those girls must absolutely love you. What a fun activity. I really miss talking to you-- can you skype today? Or tomorrow? I love the pictures, looked so fun. I just discovered Bens blog by the way. What a sweet sweet post that was about you, and so true. You're such a kind, giving, sensitive person, such an example to us all of selfless giving. Love u