February 2, 2009

Dinner with Caden

We have a really hard time getting Caden to sit still. Church is a joke, grocery shopping is like the death sentence, and meal time has become impossible! Caden has learned how to climb out of the straps in his high chair and right onto the table. Caden bows his head during the prayer every meal time, but as soon as it's time to eat, he refuses. He shakes his head and says "NONONONO!"  One thing that he does like to do is to put food into my cup. He tries almost every day, and I never let him. But today he hardly ate anything all day and was refusing to eat his dinner. SO... I let him put his food in my cup. I know, I know, I need to be consistent. But from what I learned tonight, to enforce the rules...

 


... sometimes you've gotta break the rules! He had the time of his life! He ate really well and laughed more hysterically than I've heard him in a long time, and we had a fun dinner. My water ended up having hamburger, bun and vegetable stir-fry mixed in, the table and floor was a mess, and the kitchen smelled like butt. BUT (haha), Caden ate and we had a good time! He is such a funny kid, he needs to be distracted in order to eat. If he is watching Signing Time, he'll eat his breakfast. If he is coloring, he'll eat his lunch. And apparently, if he is squishing his dinner into my cup of water, he will eat! 
In other news, Caden has started telling me when he is going to the bathroom. This is a big step! He made up a sign for it (he makes a pinching motion towards his you-know-what). He said phone the other day. Today he hugged three complete strangers at a play area, and enjoyed every minute of it (although the other babies didn't). He is such a smart fun, loving little guy! 

1 comment:

Stewarts said...

aww, that sounds so fun! He is so adorable, and you are a great mom! I can't wait to see you guys again!