February 19, 2009

Three Things Thursday

Three routines that I love:

1. Caden adores playing the Wii with Ben. Everyday at about 4:45pm, Caden realizes that Dad should be home soon and continuously chants "eee, eee, eee" (his way of saying Wii) until Ben comes home to play with Caden. Caden loves playing Mario Kart with Ben. Everytime Ben chooses Bowser, Caden gets scared and cuddles up close to Ben. Bowser is kind of a scary character if you think about it! When Ben chooses Donkey Kong, Caden says "eee, eee, eee" but this time it doesn't mean Wii, it means monkey. Lately Ben has been choosing Yoshi, and when Yoshi does his little coo sound, Caden giggles. I love that Caden and Ben have those "wii little moments" that Caden looks forward to every day!!



2. I love bedtime with Caden. It helps that he is sleeping through the night now! He signs sleep every night, lays down and gives Ben and I a big hug. I love it. Lately though, he has been getting distracted by the light fixture on our roof, so our hugs are being cut short. The last few weeks we have started singing "You Are My Sunshine" to Caden during his bedtime routine. If Ben doesn't sing along, Caden says "ah ah ah" directly towards Ben until he starts singing. Then as we both sing to him, he lays on the bed with the biggest smile underneath his soother. When we are done brushing his teeth (which he will only let me do if Ben lets Caden brush his teeth at the same time!) Caden swaddles himself. Of course we have to do it again for him, but it is really cute to see him try. 

3. Caden used to HATE baths, he wouldn't even sit down without me coming in with him. But thankfully, the last few months he has fallen in love with taking baths. He asks for bath about thirty times each day and when I say yes his face lights up and he RUNS as fast as he can to the bathtub. He even tries to climb into the bath while the water is running and he is fully clothed. He loves to play with toys in the bath and has learned how to put his face into the water and blow bubbles.

 

I love the routines that Caden has brought to our little family!

1 comment:

Rie's Corner said...

I sure enjoyed reading that. Those "wii" pictures are precious! We love Caden and you too!
Love Mom