Three things going on at our house:
1. Lately Caden has fallen in love with the scriptures (or Jesus' Book as he calls it... "GEE!"). He will sit for a really long time just flipping through the pages of Ben's spanish Book of Mormon, the whole time just saying "GEE, GEE, GEE!!" If I try to take the scriptures away from him he has an absolute fit... complete with falling to the ground and repeatedly hitting his hands and legs to the floor saying "NOOOOO!!" He likes to hear me tell him stories about Jesus from the scriptures. He loves seeing pictures of Jesus and can point them out anywhere we go. The incredible thing is that (even though we should have) we really never taught Caden about Jesus. One day, he pointed to a picture of Him and said "GEE!" Parenthood is definitely rewarding!!!
2. I think that Caden will grow up to be an animator/cook. He loves to cook with me and gets so mad if I don't hold him the entire time that I'm cooking and let him stir the food with a spatula. Caden LOVES Ben's animation. I think that he is Ben's biggest fan. He will watch the animation over and over again and every time it ends, he signs "more, more!" He smiles throughout the entire movie and makes sounds to go along with the movie. He will watch the movie as many times as we let him (no exageration- he once watched it 8 times before we made him do something else, and he screamed and screamed because he wanted to watch it again!) Speaking of Ben's animation, I just want to say how PROUD I am of him! It was such a huge job, it took hours and hours. Every time I watch it I can't help but smile. He did such an awesome job.
(The pictures above are of Caden trying to get as close as possible to watch Ben's animation and Caden helping me make a smoothie)
3. Caden had his first haircut on Saturday!!! His hair was starting to look really funny because there were some pieces that were about 2 inches longer than the rest of his hair. It was all really uneven, so we just evened it up. It pretty much looks the same, just cleaner. He was a pretty good sport (as long as he was watching The Wiggles and holding a cookie in each hand!)
So things are great with us. I have been working on a wedding cake today and I think I've had a permanent smile on my face all morning because I've been having so much fun. Ben's department has been laying people off like crazy, this morning there were 6 or 7 more people laid off. He was called into talk to his boss and given even more responsibilities. It seems that every time they lay someone off, Ben ends up getting their job duties as well as the ones he already had. We are just really grateful right now and feel very blessed by tithing.
2 comments:
Oh wow Caden is so adorable. I can't believe how big he looks. He looks really tall in those pictures. I'm excited to see a pic of your wedding cake. I hope its going well. You are so talented. I miss you! xxx
I loved the pics and reading your news. Thanks for updating. It makes me happy!
Love, Mom
Post a Comment