February 14, 2011

♥

Happy Valentines Day, Everyone!


We just celebrated our FIVE year anniversary! In honor of Mom and Dad's fifth anniversary, we headed out with the kids to Dairy Queen for blizzards (although we didn't just get one!)


Then the next day, Mom and Dad watched the kids (thank you SO much!!) so that Ben and I could take off to Banff overnight. We'd never left the kids overnight anywhere before- but they did great! And we had such a fun time. It was so much fun to just hang out together and explore Banff sans kids.

This was the view from our hotel room. Banff is so beautiful!



I love my man!

Speaking of love, my kids never cease to make me smile with their cute little words and actions. The other day, Caden found a box of his old clothing. He immediately ran to Maya and gave her all of his clothes, because they are too small for him now. He said to me, "Why do I just LOVE Maya SO much?" (awww!)


Caden insisted that Maya wear his old "Lightning McQueen" shirt, and because it made him so happy to see her wear something that he used to love so much, I allowed it. Maya was pretty excited about it, too. She carried one of Caden's red cars around all day with it.

I hope that everyone has a
wonderful Valentine's Day!
We'll be celebrating all day with crafts and cookies.


2 comments:

Rie's Corner said...

So cute. You are a great Mom, JanaLee. I just love the photo of Maya the boy shirt with a little pink bow in her hair. It is priceless.

Lara G said...

AWWWWWWW what an adorable post. Caden is an awesome big brother. What a sweetheart to share his clothes. I love the pic of him sitting on the counter in his underwear. hilarious. Im glad you had a nice time on your anniversary celebration, and IM glad the kids did well. Can't wait to see Maya agian in a couple weeks. SHe has grown so much, and I feel like I hardly know her. Cant wait to see you guys xxxx Thanks for posting.