Why do things have to go out of fashion? I loved those jeans (they were just like the pic below, but all denim, just dyed different colors). Energy 101.5 (my fav. radio station) decided to tell me this week that apparently my crocs aren't cool?!?! Thats okay, I will still wear them. And if I still had my "cool" jeans, I'd wear those, too!


This week, when Caden decided to break my glasses (the "cool" glasses I have had since grade eleven...) I realized just how out of date I am. When I went to pick out new glasses, I took the advice of one of the opticians. She was probably cool when I was cool, so I took her advice and tried some new glasses. I decided to try a new style...



you know, to be cool again. Well, to make a long story short, as soon as I tried them on the next day (after I had paid for them, my new prescrpition lenses were in them, etc) I decided that I HATED them. From the front, they look like a lunch lady from the 60's. From the side, they made me look like a horse with those big shades. I could only see straight in front of me.
So, I returned them. I dragged my cool sister (Kati Anne, you know, the one who is currently cool in high school...) back to the opticians with me. Thankfully she helped me find a better pair. Green. I never thought I'd wear green glasses, but you can't really tell that they are green, and I like them.
Today I had a hair appointment, more change (see above photos). It was a disaster. I have had the same hair style since I was in grade one. I told the hair dresser to take off about 3 inches and to re-layer it. But 6 inches later, she was done. She gave me the "high school" cut, you know, with REALLY short layers all over the place. Its like she had a cookie cutter. I hated it. I cried the entire way home. But once again, my cool sister came to the rescue. She drove over to my house and helped me figure out the best place to part it, and she even braided and curled it for me. I love sisters. Hair grows out, and once mine has, I am sticking with my previous, never changing style. I miss my hair, but I am so grateful for my cool sisters!
Thanks Kati Anne!
1 comment:
Your hair looks beautiful! I love the braid and the curls. That was a great idea by Kati! Your blog is hilarious. I was laughing my head off. You are so cute. I totally remember those jeans! oh my goodness thats so funny. I love you Jana! You are my hero.
Post a Comment