
Today was a crazy day! Ben had to leave for church early to attend a song practice. I had planned to get to church a bit early today, because Ben and I had to speak in church. BUT... after I loaded Caden (and my many armfuls of things to bring along- scriptures, toys, food, blanket, etc.) into the car, I couldn't get it to start! Can you believe it?!?! I had to be at church to give a talk, and my car wouldn't start. I ran inside to get my phone and call either Ben or Mom and Dad, but I couldn't find my phone anywhere! Caden loves my phone, and he uses it just about as much as I do. I couldn't find it anywhere. I started to freak out. As much as I hate speaking in church, I would hate being a no-show even more! Finally I had a feeling to go over to my neighbors house (this cute old man who Ben and I have tried to befriend) and ask to use his phone. So I ran over like a crazy woman - no wonder people think Mormons are weird! Luckily he was home. I explained the situation to him and he let me borrow his phone (I couldn't get ahold of anyone!), meanwhile getting dressed because he wanted to drive me to church. What a sweet man, he saved my day! So I transfered Caden's carseat to his car, and he drove me. I was a little late for church, but I made it before the sacrament, so it was all good. I invited my cute little neighbor to come in for the meeting, but he didn't. Our talks went well, I am really glad that they are over though.
I am grateful for how the whole day worked out, as stressful as it was. I have been praying for a way to talk to my neighbor about the church. Now he knows... he knows what church we belong to, where it is, a little bit about it, and he knows that Mormons lead crazy lives!
So that was my day. I'll tell you later about the RS drama. That's a whole other post. Let's just say for now that Grandmas scare me. Especially Grandmas that want to have a "good time". Ha ha ha ...
1 comment:
Jana! Oh my goodness that was the cutest story! That's so sweet of your neighbor to drive you to church! And what a good way to introduce the gospel! I'm sure he could tell how important it was to you to be there. I would LOVE to hear your and Ben's talks. Dad said they were really good. And I'm excited to hear about your RS story. Don't forget to tell me!
Post a Comment