February 17, 2009

Long Weekend

We had a really fun weekend. I have been looking forward to this long weekend for the longest time. I always count down the days until Ben has a day off work, Caden and I love having him home!
On Friday night we headed down to the temple. It was so nice to be able to be there and do some temple work. It is always really hard to make the trip down with Caden but I am always so glad that we did. Caden was a really good traveller this time. I think it helped that Uncle David was there to entertain him and that I sat next to him. He didn't complain at all the entire drive. He really is such a good little boy. It was great to see Grandma and Grandpa. I love them more and more each time we go down to Cardston. I am so grateful to have such awesome grandparents on both sides. 
We came back Saturday afternoon so that we would have time to celebrate Valentines Day. We ordered in food (Tony Romas' ribs!!!) and had a candle light dinner. It was so much fun! We even had some Spice Girls and Backstreet Boys playing in the background... life doesn't get much better than that!! Ben and I each ate an entire slab of ribs. We were SO full, but it was worth it! I haven't had ribs in over a year and I was really craving them!

Speaking of cravings... a few weeks ago I was having a HUGE craving for a bran muffin but since it was 10pm I didn't get one (although Ben kept offering to go and buy me one!) So in celebration of Valentines day, Ben and Caden woke me up (after letting me SLEEP IN until 9am!!) on Monday morning with TWO BRAN MUFFINS with blueberries! It was heavenly! I am so grateful for a husband who remembers those little things and always makes me feel special. 
We had a really fun Family Day! I went to see Confessions of a Shopoholic with Mom, Kati Anne and Becca Boo. I have been reading the books and so I was really looking forward to seeing the movie, and I LOVED it. Then for FHE we went to eat at Montanas with the family. I am so grateful to live close to home and to be able to spend time with the family! It was a really fun day and an awesome weekend! 

3 comments:

Lara G said...

Those ribs look AMAZING! Sounds like a really fun weekend. And Ben is such a sweetheart to get you bran muffins. That's so cute. I miss you Jana! Thanks for blogging, I love reading your notes.

Rie's Corner said...

Yummy! That looked like a great Valentine's day meal. You do have a good husband, don't you? We are sure glad that you are close by and can spend time with us as well. Daddy always talks about needing his "Caden fix".

Patience said...

A few things I love about these pictures:

-You have broccoli, ben doesn't
-You are drinking water, Ben punch
-Ben has garlic bread, you don't

Ha ha. Those Matthews Boys crack me up. I think we should feed them vegtables and water through an IV or something :)