February 20, 2010

What the... ?

Caden woke up in the middle of the night just shrieking. He was inconsolable for quite awhile, Ben and I were both helpless. Finally, he sat on my lap and let me cuddle with him. He calmed down after that. Then this was our conversation:

J: Caden baby, are you okay?
C: Uh-huh
J: What was wrong? Were you scared?
(Long pause)
C: I LOVE hippos!!!
J: Um...I love hippos too, Caden...

Then first thing this morning he had a lot of his mind-

"I not like James. He has a frowny face, not a nice face"

"I not eat basketballs. I like elephants"

.... So hippos, yes. James, no. Basketballs, no, but elephants yes.
Got it.

1 comment:

Lara G said...

He's so darling. I wonder if he had a nightmare about hippos... but then realized that they are actually not scary?? That's so funny. He's got the best imagination. Its cute that he has definite preferences about what he likes and doesn't like.