February 19, 2010

Top ten signs that it's time to wean your son from his soother(s)-


10. He is two and a half
9. He has named his soothers
8. He refers to his soothers by name, while talking to them
7. He tells his soothers that he loves them ("I love you, Sally!")
6. He can suck on two soothers at a time
5. He still wakes you up at night when his soothers fall out of his crib
4. His most common phrase is "WHERE'S MY SOONERS??"
3. He can flip them around with his tongue without them falling out of his mouth (quite hard- I've tried...)
2. He switches soothers for "taste"
1. He tries to teach ME how to suck on a soother ("Eat it, Mommy. That side right there. Like this!")

In my defense, he only has them at nap time and bed time.
But still......

3 comments:

Rie's Corner said...

Hilarious! Don't worry. I had a three year old girl bring hers to nursery all the time. Caden is just a genius--that's why he is so gifted with his "sooners"

Rebecca said...

Haha this Is Great! Caden Is Hilarious!

Lara G said...

LOL LOL oh wow I cant stop laughing, that is hilarious. i love the picture. I can just imagine him talking to them.. telling his sooners that he loves them. That is so darling. Did you guys get your new laptop yet? I'm dying to talk to you on skype when I can see you and your adorable kids. I love ya